Senior Finance Analyst
March 13, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Reporting is a key business function that strives to convert data into information, information into knowledge, and knowledge into action. It is the backbone of business operations across the organization and is essential to our mission and our success as a company.
The reporting analyst will be an integral member of the reporting team, helping to drive continuous improvement efforts as the COE strives to cover both day to day reporting and sustainably grow the scope of work. You will be responsible for performing operational tasks in accordance with reporting best practices, providing technical support required for the development, enhancement, and maintenance of the reporting suite, and participating in projects and other workstreams as applicable.
The current reporting footprint is:
- Division: Divisional, Business Unit, US Sales, Corporate reporting
- Function: Sales, PNL, Trade, Consumption
- Cadence: Daily (operational), Monthly, Quarterly, Ad hoc
- Systems: envision (Microstrategy), EPM10
- Data: SAP, JDEdwards, iSales, EPM
In this role, the analyst will develop:
- Institutional knowledge via a strong understanding of decision support requirements, a connection to key business processes and workflow interdependencies, and a broad overview of various business results and drivers from several lenses
- Strong transferrable technical skills and a deeper understanding of the data landscape that drives our decisions and our business.
- Project exposure and the ability to influence the future of the reporting COE as we continue to grow, establish best practices, and engage in continuous improvement
- Execute reporting per cadence to quality standards
- Administer and monitor governance and controls around reporting (balancing, intake, catalog, documentation, etc.)
- Provide assistance with ad hoc requests and inquiries
- Proactively and continuously identify further optimization opportunities
- Provide support for financial reporting systems to customers
- Provide technical support for report maintenance and build
- Support project work as needed
The Ideal Candidate Possess:
- High attention to detail (process, controls, outputs)
- Strong people relationship skills
- Commitment to quality and ownership
- Ability to analyze processes and results to derive issue root causes
- Can relate and navigate between systems/data and business needs
- Desire to learn technical systems and data management
- Innate curiosity and an appetite for change
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1-4 years of related experience
- Strong PC skills including high proficiency in Microsoft Excel (vlookup, index/match/match, indirect, pivot tables)
- Knowledge of SAP, Envision, EPM10 a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Outstanding analytical abilities and strong interpersonal skills required
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Must be flexible, organized and capable of performing multiple tasks; comfortable working under strict deadlines; ability to be clear on priorities and to shift between tasks on short notice
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.