Consumer Insights Manager Arnotts
North Strathfield, New South Wales
March 12, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
- Active involvement in locally-led innovation and communications development
- Work with functional experts & strategic professionals
- North Strathfield location, close to the train station with onsite parking available
A little about the role
Jatz, Sao, Vita Weat and the ever-dependable Shapes! Whatever your favourite, there are always plenty of options to have with your steaming coffee. But why wait for a coffee to bite into the delicious flavours? Anytime of the day would suit the all-consuming delicious sensory experience… … . Now that I have your attention! How could you not jump at the opportunity to work with not just Shapes, but all our amazing brands!
We are looking for a senior, experienced insights leader who will partner with the Savoury Marketing and cross functional team to inform decision making with insight.
You will have worked client side in a traditional insights management role and will also have stepped beyond that to deliver more customised, strategic insights. You will have experience taking a lead role in strategic planning, running initiatives and managing budgets and you will have your own thoughts about how to improve or optimise these interactions.
You will be opinionated when it comes to marketing theory and how brands work and how they should be developed and measured. You will able to demonstrate independent thinking and have a philosophical viewpoint on key insights issues and approaches. We are looking for a truly ‘next generation’ insights thinker.
Comfortable dealing with range of stakeholders – coaching more junior team members and able to challenge and provide thought leadership to senior decision makers.
This pivotal Consumer Insights Manager role is responsible for leading consumer insight across the Arnotts Savoury business, with active involvement in locally led NPD and comms development in a true end-to-end marketing environment. You will also get involved with the customer and shopper teams, helping to bring our consumer to our customers.
If you have the desire to inspire our high-performing business with consumer insights, leading to fantastic commercial results, don’t hesitate to apply now!
Key elements of the role
- Leading the design and execution of large-scale consumer research studies, meeting both internal needs and customer expectations
- Translating powerful consumer insights into sound recommendations, which produce measurable results with our retail partners
- Owning the CI strategy and budget, optimising and fine tuning them over time to ensure the plan meets business objectives
- Inspiring and educating internal partners in Marketing, R&D and Category about the power of consumer insights, as a true consumer insights expert
- Work closely with Marketing Director and Marketing Managers to provide thought leadership to consumer issues
- Work with cross functional insights team – Market, Shopper, Sensory – to integrate insights from various sources and create a meaningful source of knowledge around consumer needs, motivations and behaviour
- Work with communications agency partners to develop consumer driven communications
- Partner with Marketing Directors on key strategic planning activities including brand, communications and innovation
The ingredients you need to be extraordinary in this role
- Sound experience in consumer insights, with an ability to influence cross functional teams
- Experience with latest data technology and tools in generating insights and translating this into commercially proven outcomes
- Passion for the value of consumer insights and a natural curiosity about consumer behaviour
- Proven influencing ability with Brand partners … intellectual and confidence equal with brand team and its leadership.
- Demonstrable knowledge of leading edge consumer methodologies
- Proven commercial aptitude, with a natural ability to connect insights to tangible business outcomes
- Solid project management skills, with experience leading research projects that involve numerous stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to combine multiple sources of insights data
- Client side FMCG experience highly desirable
- Maintains performance with changing circumstances; handles stress; able to move into action without having the total picture; tolerates uncertainty
A little about the company
Campbell Arnott’s is part of the Campbell Soup Company and our iconic brands such as Tim Tams, Shapes and V8 are loved and enjoyed by many. Not only do we have amazing brands, we have a culture that is double choc coated in passionate loyalty, inclusivity and purpose. The icing on the biscuit is that we pride ourselves on our work/life balance, our dedication to growing our employees and our people who make our business the best place to be, which is why we were ranked as one of Australia’s Best Places to work in 2017.
Come and be a part of one of Australia’s most treasured companies, where our people pave the way and the culture is inclusive – you will be part of our family. Here we pride ourselves on our work/ life balance, our dedication to growing our employees and our fantastic work perks!
So, if you want the opportunity to achieve personally and professionally, and contribute to a market-leading business, don’t hesitate to click the apply button below.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.