Customer Sales Lead, Convenience (West Region)
San Francisco, CA
March 12, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Customer Sales Lead is accountable for all Convenience Channel and small format wholesaler business in his/ her region (customer base). He/she will lead a third-party broker organization that manages customer sales, back-office administration and retail execution. The person will be responsible for the annual operating plan as well as defined DSMP objectives across different routes to market including chain, broadliner, wholesaler and independent customers.
- Deliver annual operating plan for sales, profit and trade management
- Owns DSMP Execution, negotiated at headquarters and executed in store (increase Points of Distribution, Outlets Penetrated, Merchandising Events)
- Develops the C-Store & small format wholesaler business for the region, selling in new innovation, increasing our presence on shelf, promoting our products, and executing customer specific shopper marketing programs
- Owns the JBP at their customer, building engagement with senior leadership and expanding our relationship with the customer
- Responsible for the quality of our 3rd party broker organization representation: HQ selling and in-store support (product training and scorecarding)
- Work internally with our CNA team to represent their customer base with customer strategies, planning timeline, growth and opportunity areas
- Manages a significant amount of C-Store & small format wholesaler sales and profit.
- Be the Campbell expert at multiple customers.
- Engage the customer at a senior level (Director and above).
- Manage a diverse group sales people from our 3rd party broker organization.
- Execute our business plan with the customer at HQ and in-store.
- Requires cross-functional interaction within the customer team (e.g., Finance, Category Management, Customer Marketing, etc.) as well as with World Headquarter personnel (e.g., Integrated Marketing, Joint Business Planning, Brand Management, etc.) to varying degrees depending on the size, complexity and strategic importance of the customer.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 4+ years’ CPG industry experience, including direct sales, broker and/or distributor management
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Technical skills
- Category & Brand knowledge, experience utilizing syndicated data
- Strong financial acumen
- Analytical Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- P&L Management
- Approximately 50% (West Region)
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.