Manager – Pricing Strategy ASMB
May 16, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
This position will play a vital role in building a best-in-class revenue management capability in Campbell America’s Simple Meals and Beverages by managing and analyzing syndicated and non-syndicated data and providing insights to support the pricing initiatives that will drive greater price realization and growth. This role will be responsible for working with cross functional teams to develop pricing strategies that are tied to brand strategy, maintain competitiveness within and across channels and drive long term growth and profitability. The role requires a strong knowledge base across four key areas: consumer insights, business analytics, technical/systems expertise, financial acumen and strategic thought. The Manager will develop and evaluate the effectiveness of current pricing architectures and identify pack/size/occasion/channel opportunities within the portfolio, and provide data driven insights that will support effective pricing strategies on existing and new products with the goal of enhancing margins.
Provide thought leadership and leverage best-in-class analytics and consumer pricing insights to prepare pricing, promotional and trade strategy for the Simple Meals and Beverages portfolio. Deliver fact base analysis to assist Marketing, Sales Strategy and revenue management Pricing Strategy Director in determining pricing guidelines. Generate pricing strategies focused on value creation and rooted in consumer insights, brand positioning and portfolio roles. Develop recommendations for tactical, short term pricing moves in a category and set goals and measurements. Provide expertise and guidance on pricing recommendations, product volume, margin, leveraging competitive pricing analysis information. (e.g., proposed prices and overall impact). Analyze pricing execution, e.g., consolidate and create summary reports across accounts, channels, regions Responsible to oversee and provide consolidated view of competitor pricing activities observed in the marketplace to the business Support commercial functions in ad hoc requests on price responses
Job Complexity and Knowledge:
- Understand the overall pricing process. Inter-relationships (non-promo, EDLP, promoted, channels), key drivers, and how it impacts the customer and consumer
- Ability to network throughout the organization and build relationships with those function that touch pricing (i.e. Marketing, Sales, CCID, Finance)
- Ability to Manage and analyze and internalize large amounts of data and draw insights
- Articulate complex pricing relationships and data in a visually clear, concise manner that is easy to understand (strong oral and written skills)
- Develop/evolve process where there may not be a current blueprint
- Understand the retailer environment and the complexity across the different distribution channels
- Ability establish positive working relationships with individuals across multiple functions
Education: undergraduate business degree or other discipline (e.g., mathematics, economics) that requires extensive quantitative knowledge
Minimum 5 years’ experience in one of the following areas: Pricing & Trade Analytics, Field Sales, Headquarters Sales Planning, Category Management, Research, Insights, Consulting, or related functions 2-5+ years of CPG experience. Ideally, experience in marketing or sales.
- Proven ability to formulate pricing strategies that enhance brand value for customers and consumers and connect with the overall business strategy.
- Well-developed business acumen
- Advanced writing and communication skills, able to interact and persuade individuals at levels senior to him or her, as well as to participate actively in meetings and group discussions with individuals from various parts of the organization (e.g., marketing, sales, finance)
- Strong analytical, quantitative and financial modeling skills including the ability to effectively utilize data from multiple sources to support recommendations. Proven ability to derive insights from deep analysis and communicate the most salient points. Knowledge of external resources highly desirable
- Self-direction and a strong results orientation to drive winning strategies in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required, as well as other tools used to develop pricing strategies
- Ability to understand consumer research and integrate consumer insights into pricing strategy
- Solid understanding of financial impacts from pricing (top and bottom-line, share, etc.,)
Strong results orientation with a natural curiosity to learn and improve
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.