Manager Global Procurement – Ingredients
Santa Monica, CA
February 13, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Manager Global Procurement – Ingredients is responsible for planning, formulating, guiding, driving and monitoring implementation of category management strategies for all movement of Ingredients through all supply chains and Campbell locations, ensuring quality of materials, competitive pricing, and adherence to company policies. The individual will be expected to deliver Procurement’s financial and process goals and objectives while driving strategic alignment and developing strong partnerships with our internal business unit’s leadership and strategic external partners.
Acting as the lead liaison for Ingredient Procurement integration between Bolthouse Farms and Ingredient category leads, this person will be responsible for working closely with the cross-functional teams to manage and implement C-Fresh/Bolthouse projects across the network. They will be responsible for coordinating all sourcing and contracting directly, and indirectly through the Ingredient category leads and the Brand, R&D, Innovation, Quality, Operation, and Supply Chain teams. Strong leadership on both developing and implementing the strategic direction of the portfolio, in addition, to influencing skills both cross functionally and regionally are essential for this position.
- Act as the liaison between BHF team members and Ingredient category leads
- Support the Ingredient category leads in sourcing, building, and managing a global network of raw material suppliers that are available to meet the business needs.
- Collaborate with Business Unit’s leadership and functional partners on strategy development for innovation, productivity, quality, service and continuous improvement
- Develop project plans and work with cross-functional teams to manage and track deliverable from inception to launch, including but not limited to managing the approval process for new suppliers and ingredients
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers, driving optimized value through strategic relationship management program
- Coordinate with all internal stakeholders to identify proper risk mitigation strategies for ingredients
- Support all SRM initiatives with supplier and growers, and all product and platform launches to support the ‘Real Food’ corporate strategy and ‘What’s In My Food’ transparency programs
- Assist in and lead where appropriate the development of category management strategies to support Total Procurement Value (TPV) and promote value engineering analyses to support ongoing performance improvement and cost reduction that results in tangible benefits
- Ensure consistent and accurate cost saving tracking to support the Procurement goals
- Support leaders from Marketing, Operations, Finance, Quality Assurance, etc. for concept development, designing new programs, discussing product options, providing market education, etc. related to assigned category responsibilities
- Ensure quality of service, competitive pricing, adherence to company policies, procurement processes and endeavors related to the operation of a proactive and strategic Global Procurement Business Unit
- Ensure a deep understanding of supply markets and drivers for key areas – e.g. agriculture markets, currency, exports, weather and global economic factors
- Establish strong working relationships with strategic partners to optimize value creation for all parties
- Partner with the Campbell’s Global Strategic Sourcing team and Ingredient category leads to develop and support the sourcing calendar and manage all RFx opportunities for ingredient material supply.
- Maintain systems and processes to support the day-to-day business.
- Assist in developing and actively promoting Campbell’s Supplier Diversity Strategy
- Must have the ability to interact with team members at all levels in the organization, as well as senior leadership across multiple functions. The individual must have the ability influence the direction of the business and align and engage resources that are outside their area of responsibility.
- Must demonstrate strategic thought leadership in moving Procurement strategies forward with respect to assigned categories
- Partner with cross functional partners such as R&D, Treasury, Finance, Operations, Supply Chain and Marketing across multiple business units
- Must be able to identify problems, generate options and recommendations for business partners
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity and be comfortable in an work environment with much change
- Partner with R&D, Supply Chain and marketing to develop, evaluate and implement programs/projects at a sustainable and competitive cost in support of Total Procurement Value objectives
- Committed to Campbell Leadership Model
- Develop and actively promote Campbell’s Diversity and Sustainability strategies
- Ability to work with and manage individuals remotely and as assigned
Minimum Education: Bachelor Degree, preferred MBA
- Years of Relevant Experience: minimum of 10 years of procurement and/or related supply chain/CPG industry experience required, specifically Ingredient procurement a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Integrates and aligns Procurement strategy with functional Business Units and Supply Chain strategies
- Demonstrated performance of results in a matrix environment and/or with multiple companies
- Demonstrated performance of talent management, people development and resources management
- Cross company and/or cross matrix experience working in managing large complex projects
- Influences cross-functional partners with knowledge of the supply landscape to drive strategy
- Prior talent management, people development and resource management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in a cross company and/or cross matrix environment managing large complex projects strongly preferred
- Demonstrated self-starter, imaginative/innovator, and able to set executive direction
- Builds supplier relationships and influences long-term supplier partnerships and innovation
- Strong written and oral communication skills, decision making/problem solving and influencing, team building skills, and strong analytical skill set
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Strong experience in procurement, finance and contracts (legal)
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Utilizes depth of knowledge to gain insights which produce competitive advantage
- Work without direction and determine own methods to accomplish work
- Strategic and analytical thinker including creating contingency for high risk issues
- Ability to anticipate stakeholder needs while influencing and collaborating with them to drive value
- Systems experience with JDE a must; experience in BI and SAP a plus
- Able to travel 30% (mainly domestic with potential for some global)
Normal corporate office environment.
Business Travel within North America – 30%. Travel to US & Canada as required.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.