February 12, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The role of the MicroStrategy Developer, Information Technology is to be the liaison and advocate for Pepperidge Farm for all business analytical work and operational support related to the enterprise data warehouse (envision) dashboards and reports for Pepperidge Farm. The MicroStrategy Developer will ensure that the enterprise data warehouse supports day-to-day operational needs and will manage development efforts needed to satisfy road-map capabilities in the analytical space. Additionally, to support emerging business processes, the MicroStrategy developer will use an understanding of corporate business strategies to make analytical recommendations.
Roles & Responsibilities
MicroStrategy Report and Dashboard Development (50%)
- Participate on the Data Warehouse team as a MicroStrategy architect, developer and system/end-user support team member.
- Translate requirements, and design and implement dashboard and reporting solutions.
- Provide on-going enterprise data warehouse support of dashboards and reports.
- Create technical design and specification documentation needed for projects and development work
- Maintain technical expertise and retooling in MicroStrategy and other emerging front-end analytical technologies (Dundas, Tableau, etc).
- Possess strong design / analytical skills, and apply these to technical decisions in support of business objectives.
- Analyze system performance and identify proactive solutions to opportunities.
General Operations (20%)
- Lead day-to-day break/fix and minor enhancement support requests and adhere to SLAs and service profile metrics related to incident resolution by priority.
- Manages business partner expectations on issue resolution and timing.
- Ensure IT Service Management SLAs are met related to system availability, disruption, performance and cost.
- Sustain effective operations of all technology solutions including platform maintenance activities such as upgrades or other operational changes while also capitalizing on cost efficiency opportunities.
Business Engagement (15%)
- Must possess a thorough understanding of business processes, products and services and business partner requirements and their impacts on the technical direction of a dashboard or report solution.
- Works collaboratively with business partners and IT and fosters constructive relationships as needed to execute against performance and personal objectives.
- MicroStrategy technical expert in client planning sessions and decision points.
- Seen by clients as an expert resource to handle complex technical issues on a proactive basis and identify the appropriate steps to address opportunities.
- Must be able to translate technical language into meaningful messages to business leadership and end users.
Project Management (10%)
- Executes projects with a long-term perspective while adhering to Campbell Soup project methodology and controls.
- Expected to identify, resolve, and inform management on problem situations or longer-term priorities.
- Consistently plays a key role on project teams and is a role model for effectively working with internal and external team members and clients.
Decision Making (5%)
- Understands architectural issues and factors them into decisions and recommendations.
- Functions independently with limited work direction. May determine the direction work should take, following generally accepted guidelines.
- Assesses different technical options and recommends an approach following established methodologies.
- This role must sustain strong technical knowledge of North American data warehouse for Pepperidge Farm and other assigned business units, as applicable.
- This role must foster and develop effective relationships across a broad set of user groups within Sales, Sales Operations, Customer Planning, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Service in support of the dashboards and reports that he/she is accountable and responsible for.
- This role must sustain business acumen and knowledge of existing and emerging business processes while also understanding how the enterprise data warehouse will support each business process.
- This role must work in an environment of conflicting demand across multiple user groups and time pressure to complete project work on schedule while also addressing day-to-day support and maintenance demands.
- This role must sustain competence with an ever-changing technical and business landscape.
- This role must work with business partners to define necessary business functionality, perform systems investigation and design, develop dashboards and reports to meet functionality requirements, and create all relevant documentation following established development methodology.
- This role must plan and develop testing and training and ensure proper installation and turnover of technology.
Job Specifications (knowledge, skills and abilities required for competent performance in the job):
- Understanding of business principles, practices and processes in Consumer Packaged Goods Industry.
- High level of functional business knowledge (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain) with ability to embrace new business concepts quickly and thoroughly.
- Ability to build and foster strong working relationships across multiple business functions as well as within IT.
- Ability to develop insights for on-going system/process improvements, driving higher value and process optimization and be an on-going advocate to drive BI standardization, adoption, and acceptance.
Top level technical contributor who acts like an internal consultant providing technical guidance on dashboards, reporting and the data warehouse.
- Strong analytic capability with ability to translate business objectives into IT initiatives.
- Ability to make quality design decisions and resolve opportunities quickly.
- Ability to implement, support, educate and/or present complex and/or new ideas with clarity and simplicity.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills with the ability to multi-task and adapt.
- 5+ years of MicroStrategy architect project design skills for large applications
- 5+ years of MicroStrategy advanced reporting, tuning and administration
- 5+ years of MicroStrategy freeform SQL skills
- 3+ years of MicroStrategy dashboard development
- Expertise in data warehousing concepts such as star schema, transformation and loading processes.
- Working knowledge of Informatica ETL tools and database performance tuning for OLAP solutions
- Experience navigating SAP and troubleshooting SAP/data warehouse issues
- Experience in advanced analytics: simple data aggregation, statistical analysis, complex data mining, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written & oral) skills, with effectiveness both up and down, at all levels of the organization.
- Self-starting, persistent individual with tenacity, resilience, courage, enthusiasm, ambition and commitment.
- Assertiveness with the strength in conceptual thinking/analysis and ability to execute defined objectives, solutions with minimal supervision.
- Strong team player.
- Creativity and ability to develop innovative/effective solutions holistically.
- Results and action oriented with strong execution and follow-up experience.
- Strong time management skills.
Minimum education required: BS is required. Graduate degree is preferred. MicroStrategy certification required.
Years of relevant experience: 5-10 years.
Language requirements: Fluent in English.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.