Walmart Customer Business Analyst
January 12, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Customer Business Analyst (CBA) provides hands-on, analytical, and technical support to the Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club team for their respective categories. The CBA assists with data analysis, trend analysis, general reporting, financial management, and daily monitoring of business trends and performance. The Customer Business Analyst plays an important role monitoring real-time business issues, interpreting data and creating immediate action plans to identify opportunities and insights and/or correct issues. The CBA will interface with other team members to ensure business issues are communicated and acted upon in a timely manner.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Assist the Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club Team in the execution/application of category assessments, business planning, scorecard assessments / tracking ,plan evaluation and inventory monitoring.
- Assist Wal-Mart Team in the development, deployment, and monitoring of tactical plans to impact both the customer account and the entire team; always maintain synergy between the account needs and the Team needs.
- Assist in development and scorecarding of brand/category programs that will foster a partnership with customer.
Category Management/Business Planning
- Execute and/or assist on order maintenance, product scripting, and pre & post event analysis
- Monitor pricing at customer to ensure optimal pricing is reflected on shelf
- Contribute to achievement of DSMP objectives, through rich analytics and data-mining of POS Sales, Share, Distribution, and Pricing performance in marketplace and at Walmart.
- Provide assistance running SKU optimizations and making distribution recommendations with projected volumes outlined, as required by Account Team.
- Expert at running and analyzing Retail Link, IRI, and other external and internal data sources; capturing key opportunities; typically in support of new item introductions and major shelving initiative drives; presenting analysis to Account Team and customer.
- Use customer data to support fact-based decision-making.
- Identify and communicate service and distribution Issues on the business.
- Retail Link – Proficient
- MS Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Word – Proficient
- Customer Insights- Proficient
- IRI/Nielsen experience helpful and preferred
- Assist Wal-Mart Team with customer planning to create and develop account specific promotions.
- Monitor business results versus plan and communicate issues and opportunities accordingly to help optimize trade investment of EDLC and promotional programs.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.