Customer Development Lead, Diversified Channels
January 12, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Customer Development Lead, Diversified Channel will interact with Brand Sales Strategy, Shared Sales Services, and Customer Teams representing a portfolio of brands across a specific set of customers. In the context of those brands and customers this person is responsible for 1) supporting joint business planning, 2) driving innovation and new product launches with customer teams, 3) assist customer teams in bottom-up forecasting to feed demand planning and sales operating plan (S&OP) and 4) facilitating coordination to ensure that customer-level annual operating plan (AOP) targets are met within the framework of key strategic brand objectives.
- Responsible for facilitating growth with key Diversified Channel Customers in channels including Club, Value, Drug and C-Store for the $400+ million Soup, Simple Meals and Plum businesses
- Work with Customer Development Lead, Sales Strategy, Shopper Insights, Category Strategy, and Category Management to identify and execute against initiatives to drive towards sales targets
- Work with Customer Teams and Revenue Management & Trade Promotion (RM&TP) to co-develop and manage customer / channel specific trade plans making appropriate tactical adjustments where necessary
- Monitor customer investment and work with customer teams to ensure the most effective and efficient use of customer investment dollars, strategic alignment and maximum ROI
- Support joint business planning for relevant brands and customers
- Drive innovation / new product launches with customer teams for relevant brands
- Manage forecast to support demand planning and S&OP
- Conduct customer specific analysis across portfolio of brands to identify key issues and opportunities to the plan and makes recommendations based on findings to drive improvement
- Develop productive working relationship with various cross-functional groups (e.g. Sales Strategy, Sales Finance, RM&TP, Customer Teams, etc.)
- Develop close working relationships with customer teams to understand business performance, drivers, trends and opportunities at the customer level
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 7+ years CPG sales experience required
- Proven track record in trade management, customer planning, analytics and customer / field account management; time spent in a headquarter environment a plus
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills in MS office and internal sales tools
- Ability to build and maintain cross functional relationships internally and at customer level
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.