Supply Quality Leader
January 10, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Supply Quality Leader – Supply Quality will partner with Campbell North America (CNA), Global Quality, Procurement, Supply Chain, Research and Development, and Innovation business teams to assess and qualify potential new co-manufacturers, product development companies, suppliers, and third party packaging partners in support of Campbell Soup Company Innovation initiatives. This individual will be required to develop close working relationships with key CNA supplier and co-manufacturer technical staffs to provide competitive value added Supply Chain quality support. This individual will be involved in new product and process start-up activities, and will provide problem solving and troubleshooting support as required for project initiatives. The Supply Quality Leader promotes the entire range of CNA Supplier Quality programs, as defined in the Worldwide Quality Standards, Global, and CNA Quality Policies for Contract Manufactured product, packaging, and ingredients. The Supply Quality Leader will represent Operations/Supply Quality as an active member of product innovation teams and will participate in the assessment and approval, while directing the flow of corporate quality policy, of outside vendors and co-manufacturers. The Supply Quality Leader will audit CNA ingredient suppliers and co-manufacturer operations against Campbell Food Safety and Quality Policies while identifying deficiencies and requesting follow-up on corrective actions where applicable. This individual will drive resolution of vendor non-conformances and will influence supply base quality best practice utilization. This position has a focus on Innovation initiatives; however, Supply Quality support of existing base business will also be required as necessary.
- Assess, investigate, and manage co-manufacturer quality issues, and request and follow-up on applicable corrective actions, working with outside vendors, co-manufacturers, and CNA teams.
- Actively participate as a key member of Innovation business teams, and take the lead on all items involving Campbell quality policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Focus on Innovation initiatives, perform co-manufacturer, external product development company, and supplier initial assessments and full quality system audits, and make fact based recommendations for approval or rejection.
- Lead or manage corrective actions for CNA supplier or co-manufacturer quality related issues and non-conformances, or food safety / quality system deficiencies.
- Participate in new product or process co-manufacturer start-ups, with a mindset towards troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Develop value added working relationships with key suppliers and co-manufacturers.
- Manage and administer Supply Quality system databases as the primary Campbell interface with key co-manufacturers and suppliers (Tumbleweed, iCix, etc.).
- Assemble team of internal experts from appropriate functional groups to solve food safety and/or quality problems or deficiencies.
- Approve, conditionally approve, or reject potential new Innovation product or process co-manufacturers based on thorough assessments of quality and food safety systems against Campbell policies and effectively communicate decisions to internal and external parties.
- Clearly and effectively interpret and communicate Campbell quality policy and procedures to internal Innovation business associates, and to external co-manufacturers and suppliers.
- Update and transmit Supply Quality information and communicate through software database systems, such as iCix and Tumbleweed.
- Bachelors Degree required in Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, or related technical discipline.
- Certifications in auditing, HACCP, SQF Practitioner, Food Safety and Quality Systems, Better Process Control School desired.
- Minimum 5 years Quality Systems experience. Food manufacturing experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of Food Safety and Quality Systems, quality auditing procedures, FDA and USDA Food Safety and Quality Regulations.
- Ability to communicate and enforce Campbell quality policies and procedures with ingredient suppliers and co-manufacturers.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills with a team mindset.
- Strong analytical skills to process information, solve problems, and determine corrective actions with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of quality standards and regulatory requirements, with skills and abilities to communicate those internally and execute against requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and manage key vendor technical staffs and management.
- General computer literacy required, with proficiency in Microsoft Office software products.
- Knowledge of Optiva, SAP, Tumbleweed considered a plus.
- This position is located in our World Headquarters in Camden, NJ with 50% travel expected to our internal and external Manufacturing sites.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.