Path Forward Returnship – Project Manager
January 10, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB) is a global food company with annual sales of more than $8 billion and powerful brands in three core categories: Soup and Simple Meals, Baked Snacks, and Healthy Beverages. After almost 150 years, Campbell’s is still focused on delighting consumers with great-tasting foods and beverages that meet their evolving preferences, needs and desires.
Led by the iconic Campbell’s brand, the portfolio extends beyond soup to foods such as Pepperidge Farm cookies and Goldfish crackers; Arnott’s, Kjeldsens and Royal Dansk biscuits; V8 juices; Bolthouse Farms super-premium beverages, carrots and dressings; Plum Organics premium organic baby food; Swanson broths; Prego pasta sauces; and Pace Mexican sauce.
Under the leadership of President and CEO Denise Morrison, the company has embraced a powerful Purpose, Real Food for Life’s Moments, that supports a compelling growth agenda with the goal to Be the Leading Health and Well-Being Food Company.
Path Forward Program
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Campbell’s Soup Company is a 16- week paid internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for care-giving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Campbell’s, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on care-giving transition back to the paid workforce.
Apply now to learn more.
Project Manager Summary
We are seeking a Project Manager to work on key projects in our Integrated Global Services (IGS) team that plays a critical role in transforming the way that we work across the enterprise. IGS is a virtual global team of approximately 600 employees that provides shared services to the Campbell businesses.
The Project Manager manages key projects. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
The successful candidate will work directly with stakeholders and project team to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are in alignment to fulfill the business needs.
Requires experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the project management concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Proven working experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.