Customer Development Lead
December 6, 2017
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Customer Development Lead plays two key roles on the Walmart/Sam’s Club team. First, the CDL is the key linkage between the customer sales team and HQ based Sales Strategy and other internal support teams. Secondly, the role conducts category management, and advanced analytics to guide strategic customer engagements supporting the sales team. Key deliverables include 1) Manage and guide the JBP and internal AOP process 2) drive innovation and new product launches with the customer 3) a key stakeholder in the development of bottom-up forecasting that feeds demand planning and sales and operating planning (S&OP), and 4) achieve customer-level annual operating plan (AOP) targets.
- Work cross-functionally with HQ and customer team members to identify and execute against initiatives to deliver sales targets.
- Manage and guide customer JBP and the internal AOP process
- Develop and measure Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, and Pricing KPI’s to ensure team delivers against objectives.
- Develop the ‘category story’ to support innovation/new product launches during line and category reviews.
- Conduct customer specific deep dives and situational analysis to broaden the team’s awareness of the business climate, landscape, and trends.
- Support innovation showcases, insights summits, and other ‘marque’ customer engagements
- Navigate the internal approvals process relating to item/pack creation
- Vet unplanned capacity to ensure customer service levels can be met
- Provide analytical support for pricing and subsequent trade planning exercises
- Key contributor and communicator of the annual and monthly bottoms-up forecast
- The ability to navigate and build effective relationships across the customer team and HQ to understand business performance, drivers, trends and opportunities.
- Must be highly skilled in project management
- Requires a strong understanding of the category management process
- Must be able to conduct advanced analytics to generate actionable insights
- Comfortable presenting and leading customer interactions
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 7+ years CPG sales experience required; previous experience should include customer level planning, analytics, category management; time spent in a headquarter environment a plus
- Working knowledge of Category Management tools such as JDA, Syndicated Data, Panel Data, and Efficient Assortment tools. Strong Retail Link knowledge preferred.
- Highly skilled in MS-Office tools
- Strategic thought leadership and agility
- Strong financial acumen and analytic ability
- Problem solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and strong customer relationship skills
- Up to 20% to WHQ and sales meetings.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.