Manager, Global Media
December 6, 2017
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Manager, Global Media is responsible for leading the day-to-day management of our paid media programs for numerous iconic brands. As a subject matter expert, the Manager will work with the Vice President, Marketing Services and our Media Agency of Record to create and deliver an insights-driven approach that inspires innovative strategies and activation plans. A key area of focus will be to bring a test & learn philosophy into our media approach, and our business culture overall. This will include keeping the Campbell organization overall abreast of new technologies and emerging media. It will also include building strong measurement plans to drive in campaign optimizations and in year results, thereby enhancing future media-driven business results.
With oversight of all media, it is critical for the Manager to have demonstrated expertise across all media types, across all channels, devices and formats. This expertise will allow the Manager to both challenge our agency team as well as educate our brand teams and business partners. As the media landscape and our consumer’s path to purchase continue to evolve, the Manager will work closely with the Director, Marketing Services to establish and evolve our paid media vision for our Campbell brands and businesses. The Manager will play a critical role in the evolution of our ‘go to market’ plans, driving for continuous improvement overall and better alignment with our consumer’s behavior.
Within our matrixed organization, the Manager, Global Media, will be responsible for building strong working relationships with each of the brand teams, at all levels. As such, translating the complexity of today’s media landscape to brand generalists will be a core part of this role.
- Own the paid media channel. Oversee all phases of the media process, from strategy through to activation through to optimization and performance reporting.
- Understand the audience insights relative to media behaviors and use this understanding to drive for better alignment between our media mix and our audience/s.
- Synthesize data from disparate sources to identify insights that will inform our strategic media approach (by brand, by division, for the company).
- Create and activate against a learning plan to take our media programs to best in class.
- Be the media expert and advocate. This should be demonstrated within the plans that are recommended as well as the conversation at the table.
- Know the digital media landscape. This should be reflected in the guidance given to our agency team, in our recommendations, in our measurement and in our learning agenda
- Be both a leader and a team player, with a strong degree of organizational savvy.
- Be a change agent. There will be a need to challenge the status quo as well as to push for success through the ‘tried & true’
- Develop capabilities and competencies of the team.
- Build a strong collaborative working relationship and create alignment with other Channel leads and our agency partners.
- Create, manage and grow our partnerships with external media and media analytics partners.
- Enable expansion of work through demonstrated media expertise, flawless execution and collaborative approach to the work.
- Strategic and tactical skills sets, including a strong analytical mindset.
- Develops and evolves an insights-driven approach to media that will drive stronger results for our business.
- Uses business knowledge coupled with media expertise to elevate media driven results.
- Delivers thought leadership around our media and media deliverables.
- Influences key stakeholders through data informed recommendations.
- Drives enhanced media effectiveness without compromising media efficiencies.
- Identifies opportunities to streamline processes, driving both time and cost efficiencies.
- Positively contributes to building and sustaining a diverse, inclusive, engaged and socially responsible workplace focused on delivering business results with integrity.
- Energizes our workplace through delivering results using the company’s values and leadership model.
- Builds cross-functional teams via internal teams and agency partners.
- Establishes strong working relationships with sales, marketing & research teams at key media & analytics vendors.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in a related field, MBA preferred.
- 7+ years in media, with significant time spent in media strategy across all media channels.
- Significant experience with digital media strategy and activation.
- Experience working with multiple segments (General Market, Hispanic, Asian, etc).
- Managed media budget(s) across multiple brands/sub-brands, client or agency side.
- Proven ability to achieve results in a highly matrixed organizational structure.
- Experience writing, editing and crafting presentations that answer complex questions, clearly communicate findings, facilitate discussion and foster action
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.