Electrical/Mechanical Controls Tech
Manufacturing, Operations and Engineering
December 5, 2017
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
- Responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of all StockPot equipment ensuring product quality, employee safety, and food safety standards, as well as regulatory requirements are met or exceeded.
- Areas of responsibilities include, but not limited to: Production lines, Prep Areas, Dry and Finish Goods Storage, Chillers, Kitchen Ventilation, Fire and Safety Systems, Buildings and Grounds, CIP, and Bulk Chemicals.
- Supports adherence to the production schedule developed by the Master Scheduler ensuring the highest levels of customer service and production efficiency by ensuring effective and efficient equipment operation and limited downtime.
- Maintain, install, repair, and troubleshoot all systems, equipment, in the facilities.
- Perform rebuilds to return equipment to OEM specifications.
- Completes schedule Preventative Maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Perform adjustments and calibration procedures on various forms of process equipment.
- Make necessary electrical installations and/or repairs per NEC.
- Troubleshooting equipment using ladder logic and schematics.
- Use electrical test instrumentation examples: volt meter, megger, and Ohm meter.
- Maintain a written or electronic log of any highlights occurring during shift coverage.
- Assures that Employee Job Safety Accountabilities are completed. Identifies compliance issues promptly and reports to appropriate individual.
- With QA and Safety, and others as appropriate, assists in execution of action plans related to health and safety and assures the highest levels of compliance.
- Performs other maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Candidate must have working knowledge of industrial control systems, PLC systems and relay logic.
- Must have proven experience and ability in electrical/mechanical and electronic troubleshooting techniques.
- Good communication skills to work with plant personnel and vendors.
- Will consider candidates with a relevant two-year degree, Electronics Certification and/or various combinations of experience/education in related fields.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers and software
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
- Allen Bradley PLC and Wonderware experience is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and follow-through to achieve results
- High level of personal initiative, self-driven, action and results oriented
- Thrives in a challenging, entrepreneurial atmosphere; open to change and creating change
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, generates enthusiasm, builds effective working relationships at all levels
Physical Activities Required – The physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive walking and standing
- Climb and balance
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Manufacturing environment – Conditions can be wet and cold
- Must be willing to work all shifts, weekends and some holidays
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.