Associate Brand Manager, Innovation & Business Development
Santa Monica, CA
October 12, 2017
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Drive full-force growth for C-Fresh by identifying and developing innovation platforms across the food ecosystem. This individual will need to be data-driven, able to comfortably mine IRI or Nielsen scan data, create complex Excel spreadsheets, and then synthesize large amounts of data into concise, clear, strategic recommendations. In addition to being able to identify patterns and sparks of innovation within the data, he/she will need to be able to use outside stimulus and inputs to think creatively, connect-the-dots, and recommend new innovative product concepts, categories, and platforms. He/she will support business initiatives via various pathways including internal and external innovation, venture fund collaboration, alternative distribution models (i.e. direct-to-consumer), and M&A activities. This position reports directly to the Senior Brand Manager, Innovation & Business Development.
- Mine scan data to identify and evaluate innovation opportunities; develop product concepts, categories, and platforms
- Synthesize large amounts of data into concise, clear, strategic recommendations for senior leadership
- Research, recommend, and test new approaches to innovation to improve idea generation and processes
- Build initial business cases including market sizing, competitive landscape, consumer insights, and revenue projections
- Support collection and dissemination of consumer, competitive, and category insights to guide strategic positioning for entire C-Fresh portfolio
- Support the strategic planning process for C-Fresh
- Assist in due diligence efforts to identify and evaluate potential acquisition candidates, strategic investments, and partnership opportunities within C-Fresh and in direct partnership with the Corporate M&A team
- Build comprehensive situation assessments to understand the business / category, consumers, customers, and competitive landscape in new market spaces
- Assess and vet new business model initiatives for C-Fresh, beyond traditional CPG
- Develop, manage, and track annual budget and spending
- Manage third party vendors to drive insights that impact the business
- Participate in enterprise-level initiatives that drive new business models, formats, and processes as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Resourceful: Self-starter, scrappy, get-it-done mentality
- Analytical: Must have strong experience working with IRI or Nielsen data; superior problem solving, business evaluation, strategy development; ability to build analytical models, interpret and apply research data
- Creative: Strong intellectual curiosity, ability to think creatively and connect-the-dots to create novel solutions
- Flexible: Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment with constant change; pivoting quickly and learning on the fly
- Business Savvy and Personally Mature: displays humility, and has drive, tenacity, and interpersonal skills to work well with all levels of the organization
- Passionate: For both the consumer and how to make fresh food and beverages more accessible
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Some travel required (approximately 10-15%)
- Bachelor’s degree , MBA preferred
- 2+ years of experience in brand management, strategic planning, business development, corporate strategy, or M&A in the packaged food industry
- Previous experience in management consulting or investment banking is preferred, but not required
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.