Compensation & Benefits Specialist
October 10, 2017
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
At Campbell Company of Canada, we believe that exceptional people truly make a difference and together we aim for a legacy of accomplishment second to none. We’ve made a career of searching for the best and the brightest professionals at every level and in every specialty. Powered by a challenger mindset, our employees move with purpose, lead with integrity, and are truly passionate about what they do to bring our purpose to life Real food that matters for life’s moments.
The Compensation and Benefits Specialist delivers compensation and benefits Programs and provides support and advice in all matters related to compensation & benefits practices and policies. This includes salaried and hourly compensation, incentive plans, group benefit plans and group retirement & savings programs.
The Compensation and Benefits Specialist will support the Canadian organization in compensation and benefits related matters in compliance with legislation and consistent with the company’s strategy on talent retention and attraction.
Specific Accountabilities of the role
Supports the Manager of Total Rewards on Total Rewards Design and delivery.
- Prepares job evaluations for new and modified roles, ensuring Internal Equity and Pay Equity legislation compliance.
- Maintains Pay Equity documentation and reporting
- Completes annual & ad hoc compensation & benefits surveys
- Performs research and analysis of market data and practices to develop recommendations related to salary, structure, salary budget, variable pay, hourly wages, fleet structure, etc.
- Performs financial review/analysis of the benefits program to help to determine appropriate budgets, contribution rates and to identify risks and opportunities
- Develops and delivers compensation & benefits communication to employees (primarily through HR intranet portal) and to HR partners
- Provides compensation & benefits support and expertise to internal clients & employees and is point of contact for benefits representatives.
- Facilitates the annual merit and incentive recommendation process
- Facilitates the annual salary budget process and calculates the incentive plan budgets
- Maintains Policies for Compensation and Benefit Programs
- Provides ad hoc review and analysis of programs, including ad hoc reports and analysis.
- Reviews and facilitates the correction of the HRIS system data errors related to compensation
- Maintains the HR Team shared electronic file system
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in a related discipline
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Proven strength in data analysis with ability to identify and solve problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Trustworthy and able to work with highly confidential information
- Knowledge of Pay Equity legislation
- Understanding of Hay Job Evaluation method
- Strong computer skills: expert user of MS Excel, proficient with Word and PowerPoint, experience with HRIS applications
Employee Life at Campbell:
At Campbell, we believe in empowering people by providing the tools and knowledge that they need to manage and balance their professional and personal lives. The benefit programs for employees at Campbell have been designed to support this philosophy. In addition to the core health insurance plans that we offer there are many extras including:
- Company-Paid Pension Plan
- Education Assistance Program
- Children’s Scholarship Programs
- Reimbursement for Professional Fees
- Best Doctors Membership
- Vacation Purchase Program
- On-site Fitness Center with a dedicated Fitness Consultant
- Wellness Workshops
Employee Development at Campbell:
There are multiple facets to Campbell Company of Canada’s employee development program. We believe that every employee should have the opportunity to learn and grow to the maximum of his/her potential and that the best learning and development experiences are provided through challenges on-the-job. We encourage our employees to work with their managers to develop a learning and development plan. Together this will lead to helping our employees ‘do their best work every day’.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume online at: http://www.campbellsoup.ca/en-ca/about-us/careers
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Campbell…Real Food that Matters for Life’s Moments.
Where icon brands thrive.
People are valued.
And you can make a difference.
Campbell Company of Canada is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment and selection process based on the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please advise us of any needs when your interview is booked and we will do our best to meet your needs.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.