Tech 3 Maintenance – Container $5K Sign on bonus available to those that qualify!
Manufacturing, Operations and Engineering
January 10, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Tech 3 Container Maintenance personnel in the Silgan Container Plant are key employees who inspect, maintain, and repair machinery and equipment used in the manufacturing of metal cans for the Campbell Soup Supply Company located in the same facility.
- Responds to calls from operators when notified of machinery malfunctions, troubleshooting, repairing, or replacing parts within mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, hydraulic, electrical, and other equipment according to specifications and prioritizing assignments to maximize production while adhering to all safety and quality standards and regulations.
- Conducts PM’s according to schedule, and help to train new employees in all areas of the position. Works to isolate and stop product losses, leakages, and other cost absorbing issues.
- Attend all meetings, grow with the team, and discuss ideas and issues with the team. Communicate effectively with other shifts so that issues can be passed along when necessary. Maintains an orderly work area following 5S. Help to maintain all equipment within the department.
- Follow procedures for obtaining permits. Be capable of reading precision measuring instruments. Suggest improvements in procedures to management, and work to better the department. Log information when needed, whether on paper or computer.
- Operate production equipment when necessary and to relieve operators for breaks. Perform other work when assigned and help the department to run better by working as a team.
- Tech 3 Maintenance technicians are cross-trained throughout the Silgan facility to be able to respond to any Mechanical need in the plant, though they generally specialize in the equipment, processes and operations in one of the six major areas of the plant.
- Minimum education required: High School Diploma or GED;
Associates Degree in Industrial Engineering or Electronic Technology preferred
- Minimum experience required: Minimum of 2 years of Industrial Maintenance Experience required with an Associate Degree in Industrial Engineering or Electronic Technology; minimum of 5 or more years of Industrial Maintenance Experience in lieu of a degree
- Achieve ACT Work Keys Assessment scores of 4 in Applied Math, 5 in Reading for Information, 5 in Locating Information, and a 4 in Applied Technology required
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd Shifts (4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. or Midnight to 8:30 a.m.)
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.