October 12, 2017
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
This position will be responsible for supporting the ideation, development and execution of product initiatives within the C-Fresh R&D team that positively impact business performance. They will be responsible for managing muli-disciplinary projects & project teams from concept through development and commercialization for new innovation, line extensions, quality improvements, and productivity gains. The role requires effective collaboration and partnership externally and internally, with internal functions including Marketing, Finance, Nutrition/Regulatory, Quality and Supply Chain. The ability to understand the consumer, identify and frame opportunities, partner & influence stakeholders, and effectively drive the opportunities is key to this role.
- Work with Marketing, and commercialization team to establish project objectives, timelines, technical briefs and testing/action standards.
- Work with internal and external partners to identify new ingredients, product technologies, and/or processes to enable unique and innovative Salsa, Hummus, Soups, and Dips, or to improve existing portfolios. Leverage external capabilities where appropriate to expand formulation possibilities, drive innovation, and/or increase speed to market.
- Technical lead responsible for managing the coordination and execution of R&D activities needed to advance projects from concept through commercialization.
- Willing to work with ambiguity, challenge the status quo, seek creative solutions, and offer alternative approaches. Leads the effort for continuous improvement, and fosters an environment of forward thinking and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to effectively express ideas and concepts, both orally and written format. Can frame complex information in a way that is easy for technical, and non-technical, people to understand and that drives decision making.
- Assist with development, training, and mentoring of employees.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a food/beverage company is required.
- BS in Food Science, Engineering or a related field. An advance degree is preferred. Culinary/Mixology skills also preferred.
- Formulation, prototyping and scale-up experience taking ideas from concept through commercialization; as well as an understanding of food manufacturing operations and implications on R&D activities
- Works effectively with team and cross-functional partners, incl. proactive management of communication up, down and across the organization to ensure understanding and alignment
- Acts in accordance with the Campbell Values and Culture
- Ability to walk/stand up to * of the work day
- Physical ability to handle weights of ~30 lbs
- Travel required (up to 20%)
- World Headquarters Office, Research Kitchen, and Manufacturing Plants (Campbell Soup Co., Co-man and vendor). The work exposes the employee to heat and hot food products, coolers, and freezers requiring the use of personal protective equipment.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.