Senior Process Engineer – Snacks
Research and Development
May 11, 2017
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Process Development Engineer is responsible for:
- The identification and/or innovative creation of new & unique processes and/or processing equipment to achieve business goals of commercializing new products and product forms.
- Innovative, practical application and modification of existing technologies to achieve business goals of commercializing new products or improving existing products.
- Early process assessment and the development of analytical methods to gain insight into effects of processing parameters in order to identify and optimize processes for specific product scope.
- Providing process specifications and support to assure smooth rollouts of new equipment and processes into operations.
- Provision of comprehensive process documentation to enable smooth commercialization and training of plant personnel.
- Identification, assessment, validation and documentation of process technology to deliver identified new products.
- Conducts assessment and capability studies and supervises new product startups/commercialization and provides on-site support to Project Engineers and Plant Operations.
- Provides expertise in developing new and innovative manufacturing processes.
- Provides on-site and remote technical services, observing processes, pinpointing and fixing problems to assure consistent quality and capacity.
- Creates, designs, supervises the development of new process/equipment and experimental protocols required to validate product concepts and prototypes.
- Independently directs the activities of outside vendors and fabricators in the development and fabrication of new equipment, and managing the testing of such equipment both at the vendor facility and production plants.
- Requires the ability to interact and communicate effectively with Sr. R&D Management, Product Development, QA, Plant Management and line operators. The Process Engineer must be a good problem solver, must be able to identify, interpret and analyze the correct data, and provide detailed directions to development projects.
- Maintains active knowledge and understanding in areas beyond Process Development, including Product and Package Development, QA, Project Engineering, and a thorough understanding of Marketing needs and financial hurdles.
- Sustains a high level of competence and professionalism in a dynamic business environment i.e: Proficient in driving team alignment on technical solutions and strategies.
- B.S Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering, Agriculture Engineering with Food Processing emphasis
- 6-10+ years of related experience with a consumer packaged goods background – Desired experience baking in the area of biscuit manufacturing eg: Cookies and Crackers
- Excellent analytical skills, strong attention to details, good communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle and lead multiple projects at any given time in a team environment.
- Conceptual familiarity with modeling engineering process calculations such as heat/mass balance, process capability, and capacity analysis, and ability to apply in practical situations.
- Intermediate computer skills involving statistical, drawing, calendar scheduling maintenance and presentation software.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.