Zone Sales Manager
San Francisco, CA
January 10, 2017
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated, is a leading provider of premium quality fresh bakery products, cookies, crackers, and frozen foods. Based in Norwalk, Connecticut, Pepperidge Farm was founded in 1937 by Margaret Rudkin, an entrepreneurial homemaker who began baking fresh, wholesome bread for her allergy-afflicted son. For nearly 80 years, people have relied on Pepperidge Farm for its fresh bakery and snack offerings. Among the company’s most popular products are Goldfish® crackers, Milano® cookies, more than 50 varieties of fresh baked breads including Pepperidge Farm Swirl™, Farmhouse and Whole Grain, and frozen Puff Pastry, Layer Cakes, and Garlic Bread. The company is found in nearly * of homes nationwide. Pepperidge Farm has been part of Campbell Soup Company since 1961.
The Zone Sales Manager (ZSM) is responsible for leading a team of Territory Sales Representative (TSRs) to achieve distribution, sales, merchandising and promotional targets. The ZSM is responsible for developing and implementing the zone business strategy, including marketplace deployment of resources. They will establish individual distributor sales, stale and distribution targets and coach as needed to ensure targets are met. The ZSM provides sales leadership and personal development to respective team.
1. Business Development: Develop zone sales strategy to achieve sales goals for the Zone and business opportunities to drive growth.
2. Market Development: Increase levels of engagement for both the independent distributor and the TSR. Lead independent distributor performance and accountability including performance management of the distributors leveraging the BDS – (Business Development System). The ZSM sets TSR expectations and provides ongoing direction and guidance to his/her team. The ZSM will ensure Best Practice Standards are met for service, display execution, distribution targets and other key metrics utilizing available applications/tools (i.e.; ipower/iPad). He or she communicates up-to-date information on business trends, Top 20 account performance, chain promotional events and other ongoing opportunities to TSR team and key customers.
3. Customer Development: Establish and maintain a high level of relations with independent distributors and with customer decision making management. Conduct high level compression selling calls with minimum of six (6) retail customers quarterly to gain support for key promotional events. Conduct weekly ID consultation sessions to provide sales counseling and business ideation.
4. Coach/ Business development: Develop route infrastructure and growth opportunities to include recruitment and JIP – (Joint Infrastructure Planning). Conduct JBP – Joint Business Planning session 2X annually. Conduct independent distributor consultation sessions 1X per week. Responsible for route engineering, sales coaching/counseling, JBP analytics sharing, and market development ideation. As needed, account responsibility for mid-tier customers. 5. Lead/Direct Team: Ensure weekly TSR deployment plans are in place. Conduct performance reviews as required. Provide coaching for personal development plans for TSR’s
- Managing complex route to market distribution model, distributor model and market trends
- Able to assess market needs and be able to deploy resources against business issues and demands
- Utilize iPower / iPad to provide up to date information regarding business trends
- Train, coach and develop new Territory Sales Representatives on processes and best practices
- Identify and implement growth strategies for infrastructure opportunities
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Internal Candidates with an Associate’s Degree and 5+ years of relevant internal experience may also be considered.
- Years of relevant experience: 5-10 years field experience
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Exception problem solving
- Direct Store Delivery (DSD) route to market, warehouse experience a plus
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Experience managing a team/direct reports
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and effective team member
- Experience with technology and ability to learn iPad business applications
- Working knowledge of MS Office to include PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Travel as needed
- Must be able to relocate as required
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.