Manager Quality Assurance
Richmond, UT, USA
Req #: 7711-A
Lead and manage the entire range of Quality programs, as defined in the Pepperidge Farm Quality Policies and CSC Global Quality Policies. Position has specific compliance, process, and consumer quality responsibilities. Position will manage a matrix relationship with Plant Manager, to influence senior management on alignment of Quality strategies, Quality annual objectives, and Plant project plans. Individual will coordinate and deploy Quality Assurance programs across Pepperidge Farm plants, and functional areas, and influence plant leadership with quality best practices.
1. 40% - Develop, execute, and continually improve a comprehensive quality program as defined by the Pepperidge Farm QPM and CSC North American Quality Policies. (Compliance Quality).
2. 20% - Drive process / continuous improvement initiatives through staff, work group, Plant group, Pepperidge Farm Quality staff, and R&D (Process/Food Quality).
3. 25% - Manage & Drive Consumer Complaint programs, initiatives, and consumer delight models for each business
4. 10%- Manage department & people by establishing goals, objectives, IDP, and coaching.
5. 5-% -Support plant programs, safety, reliability and employee relationships.
- Expert abilities and decision quality in Food Safety, Regulatory, and Quality Systems and their application within food processing.
* Expert knowledge in Sanitation and GMP Practices, familiarity with Pest Control programs and techniques.
* Knowledge of Quality Standards, and Quality Policies, with skills and ability to execute against requirements.
* Knowledge and general business acumen to support and influence Manufacturing, including best practices and innovative technologies.
* Knowledgeable in industry Food Safety/Quality audit practices, and skilled in adapting to achieve business best practices.
* Capable of engaging other businesses unit quality in development and standardization of; Quality manuals, policies, procedures, and data templates, audit standards and procedures, and Quality Key Performance Indicators.
* Knowledgeable in Statical Process Control programs and Process capability studies
* Ensures plant personnel is technically capable of handling non-routine quality system issues and that issues are investigated, documented, and resolved.
* Record of leadership and demonstrated success in collaborative development, documentation, planning, and implementation and continuous improvement of quality systems.
* Ability to drive organizational alignment on Quality objectives with an enterprise-wide mindset, and the adaptation of structure, processes, and systems to achieve objectives.
* Capable of influencing development steps used in the Innovation and Commercialization process to leverage Design in achieving consumer safety and quality objectives (example; HACCP Assessment).
* Assertive, Outspoken, yet collaborative. Demonstrated skills influencing components of the company, tough-mindedness, vision, and political savvy to manage internally and externally.
* Dedicated work habits, takes initiative, sets high standards
* Knowledgeable and capable of collaboration on quality programs; drives improvement of consumer based specifications.
* Minimum BS Food Science (or related degree), and a minimum 10-15 years of food industry quality plant/systems experience with demonstrated achievement in Quality leadership.
* Aware of Continuous Improvement tools.
* Ability to manage and recognize talent and skills needed for the job.
* Ability to manage, coach and develop peoples talent and skills.
* ability to demonstrate & execute against leadership behaviors.
- Respond to new or changes in regulations on policies, specifications, procedures, quality, and implications where utilized in a range of finished product.
* Trouble shooting quality issues across the varied supply chains for ingredients, packaging, materials, and finished products supplied (examples; mixed labels, allergen risk management, equipment risk management, container nonconformance).